Do you know how important it is to offer your customers a good returns service? Many purchases across the world are made online. Of those purchases, many are later returned. Consumers expect a clear, quick returns service: research shows that 64% of consumers read through the webshop’s return conditions before making their purchase. This is a useful factor to consider when setting up your returns service. Remember that you as a webshop have obligations towards your customers. More information about this is available here.
As previously mentioned, having a good returns service is essential. But how do you set up an efficient returns service for your customers? This blog will help you on your way.
Consumers expect to be able to return their products quickly and easily.
Consumers are getting more and more used to shopping online. As a result, they expect better quality and service from webshops. Consumers seem to be basing their choices in the webshops they use primarily on return conditions and the delivery costs. As far as return conditions are concerned, consumers are therefore a bit spoiled. They go for convenience. The vast majority like to receive the returns label upon receipt of their order. Research also shows that a free returns option is the deciding factor for the majority of consumers in selecting a webshop. So it’s high time to focus on that.
Processing return shipments correctly.
Your webshop’s returns service might be something you’d rather not devote too much time or attention to. However, the way in which you set up your webshop’s returns service is very important. It can have a big impact on your webshop’s performance. Consumers expect flexibility and convenience when it comes to returning their orders. It can also greatly affect your sales: an efficient, simple returns service results in satisfied customers who are more inclined to return to your webshop in future. And that’s what all webshops want! That’s why we have listed our key tips for a good returns service below.
- Be clear, honest and transparent about your returns policy – and we mean the entire policy. Information is key! That way, customers know where they stand and what to expect from you. Make sure the information is also easy to find. Your webshop will then radiate certainty – you’re on it, and you’ve thought of everything.
- Make it easy for your customers. For example, you could send them a return link by email or think of useful packaging solutions that your customer could easily reuse for a return shipment. You could also print and enclose the returns label with the shipment. Bonus tip: use labels from www.labelworld.nl. This makes your returns process even easier!
- A free returns service is attractive to consumers and ensures mutual trust between you and your customer.
- A longer return period will improve your sales. You could set a return period of 30 days, for example.
- Make sure you give your customer a refund quickly. Our recommended repayment term is three days after receipt.
You can organise your returns service in your MyParcel account. That way, you can easily incorporate the above tips into your returns policy. Don’t worry if you already configured your returns settings – you can change them again.
More information about return shipments
We hope we have answered all your questions about the returns service. If not, you can email us at email@example.com or call us on 023 30 30 315. We’re here to help.