All the important spring information at a glance!
There are a number of (bank) holidays on the calendar in the coming months. These include Easter, King’s Day, Ascension Day and Pentecost. These days can often be really busy in the e-commerce sector and may lead to adjusted supply and delivery times at PostNL and possible changes in your shipping process. This page contains all the important information you need to know for the spring season.
Modified supply and delivery times.
Together with PostNL, we do everything in our power to ensure that your customers receive their orders on time. You can help reduce the risk of delay by delivering shipments on time and spread throughout the week. If possible, try to avoid Mondays and deliver parcels as early in the morning as possible. Please take PostNL’s modified supply and delivery times into account.
Changes Collection service.
- During the spring period, there are a number of changes to the Collection Service that may affect your logistics process. Click here for an overview of the changes.
- Do you expect to ship more during Easter, King’s Day, Ascension Day and Pentecost? Please let us know as soon as possible via your caseoverview on the dates shown on the right.
- Pack your orders as small and efficiently as possible, so that you can use the space optimally and do not need an unnecessarily many roll containers or mail bags. Need packaging? Then take a look in our webshop.
- Make sure all your shipments are ready on time before the driver comes to pick them up. Split packages for the Netherlands and Belgium if that applies to you.
|Changes for the spring period:||Submit by:|
|Easter: Sat 8 April to Tue 11 April||Mon March 6|
|King’s Day: Fri 28 April to Sun 30 April||Mon March 20|
|Ascension Day: Fri 19 May to Sun 21 May||Mon April 10|
|Pentecost: Sat 27 May to Sun 4 June||Mon April 24|
- Turn on the delivery option ‘Collection from a PostNL location‘.
- Extend your return period to at least 30 days. It can be busier during the spring period, and this can help us spread the load as much as possible together.
- Make sure you have enough packaging. Order it in our webshop!
- Set up a Track & Trace e-mail and page so your customer is always aware of the status of his/her order.
- Manage your customers’ expectations clearly and be careful about offering guarantees regarding order delivery. This helps avoid any disappointments.
- Do you have a question, want to report damage or is your parcel still missing after 7 days? Then you can submit a case via your account. This is how we can best help you.
Order your packaging on time.
During the spring period, it can be a bit busier than usual. You should therefore order your packaging on time. In addition, you should pack all your orders as compactly as possible, ensure that the (print) quality of your shipping label and barcode is good and stick your shipping label on the largest side on the top of the parcel. Read all the packaging tips in our blog.
|Monday||8am – 6.30pm|
|Tuesday||8am – 6.30pm|
|Wednesday||8am – 6.30pm|
|Thursday||8am – 6.30pm|
|Friday||8am – 5pm|
|Saturday||9am – 5pm|
Opening hours and accessibility.
Can’t figure something out? Then take a look at our knowledge base for an answer to your question, or submit a case via your account. Then we will be able to help you more effectively. Your personal case overview allows you to keep track of the most current status of each case. You can also respond here and close cases yourself once they have been solved.
- Good Friday: open
- Sunday First Easterday: closed
- Monday Easter Monday: closed
- Thu 27 April King’s Day: closed
- Fri 5 May Liberation Day: open
- Thu 18 May Ascension Day: closed
- Sun 28 May Pentecost day: closed
- Mon 29 May Whit Monday: closed