Sending insured parcels
Sending insured parcels with PostNL.
With MyParcel, you can easily ship your parcels with insurance against loss and damage. You can decide the purchase value for which you want to insure your shipment. Shipments with destinations within the Netherlands can be insured for a purchase value from €100 to €5,000. You can use this service to ship all your parcels containing high-value items safely and easily. No need to worry about loss or damage!
Want to ship a parcel abroad with insurance? More information is available here.
Terms and conditions for sending an insured parcel within the Netherlands.
- Only available for parcels with destinations within the Netherlands.
- The ‘Signature upon receipt’ and ‘Deliver to recipient only’ shipping options are included.
- If an insured shipment gets damaged, click here to submit your claim for damages.
- If an insured parcel is reported missing, information on what to do is available here.
Rates for sending insured parcels.
|Insured up to||Rate|
|€ 100,-||+ € 0,71|
|€ 250,-||+ € 1,20|
|€ 500,-||+ € 1,96|
|Insurance up to € 5.000,- (per € 500,-)||+ € 1,96|
Setting up insured parcel shipments.
- Create a new parcel shipment in the backoffice.
- Enter the recipient’s address details.
- Click ‘Change shipping options’.
- Select ‘Insured’.
- Select the purchase value for which you want to insure the shipment. *
- Save the shipment, download and print the shipping label, and stick it to the shipment.
- Drop off your parcel at a PostNL location or have it collected by the Collection Service.
* In case of a credit, the credited amount will be maximized to the purchase value (excl VAT).
All shipping options from PostNL.
Delivery to recipient
Your parcel will only be delivered to the address provided on the shipping label.
18+ age check
The deliverer checks whether the person to whom the shipment is handed over is 18 years of age or older.